Guideline for industrial packaging recovery:
"The Packaging Law, which has been in force since January 2019, obliges manufacturers or distributors to take back used packaging. This take-back obligation can also be fulfilled by commissioning third parties.“
Source: VerpackG, 01.01.2019, Section 3, §3
RIKUTEC is the specialist in demanding applications for state-of-the-art, highly secure packaging solutions. With its system solutions manufactured using the coextrusion blow molding process (Poly IBC and RIKUTEC drum), RIKUTEC covers a wide range of applications in a wide variety of industries. As a reliable partner of companies from the chemical, petrochemical, food and pharmaceutical industries, we are aware of our special responsibility. Therefore, we are now offering our new “RIKUTEC RECYCLING SERVICE” for our partners and customers. Our aim is to actively reduce the negative impact of packaging waste on the environment. Through the “RIKUTEC RECYCLING-SERVICE”, our used drums and poly IBC’s will in future be taken back after five years of usage. Subsequently, these will be used in our standardised recycling process in the form of regranulate made from them for the production of hollow bodies.
The most important facts at a glance
According to the current Packaging Ordinance, chemical companies are obliged to take back used packaging.
- RIKUTEC supports its customers by taking on this responsibility
- RIKUTEC customers benefit from an environmentally conscious recycling service for their containers
- RIKUTEC offers the recycling service not only for “RIKUTEC containers”.
- RIKUTEC builds on the expertise of chemists and hazardous materials officers
- RIKUTEC closes production cycles towards more sustainability
- RIKUTEC actively promotes the reduction of carbon footprints
- RIKUTEC is part of a European recycling-network